Sunday, October 10, 2010

Time

24 hours in a day = 168 hrs in a week.

I usually work 5:30-1:30==8 hrs (with a 1 hr lunchbreak in there)
work 5 days a week=40 hrs minus the breaks everyday

I usually catch the shuttle at 5am to go to work and get back home around 2:30pm.
So that's 9 & 1/2 hours taken away caused from work. Which would leave 14.5 hours left-over during every workday. I normally sleep between 4-6 hours a night (without an alarm clock), which leaves me 8.5-10.5 hours everyday to do whatever I want...not counting my days off when I have even more free time.

I was reading a site which got me thinking of all this today.
http://www.my168hours.com/time-management-spreadsheet.html

I've decided "again" that I need a little more structure...little more productive activities in my free time. Otherwise I can spend a whole 48 hour weekend awake and online. I have 1 of the worst internet addictions of anyone I know. I have been known to give up sleep, food, coffee, showers, cigarettes, rides with friends and everything else JUST so that I can sit on my butt in the same spot all weekend with my laptop. In fact my laptop is on while I sleep so that the minute I wake up I can just reach my hand over to touch the keyboard and have the screen come back on..

I need some magic genie to give me a kick-in-the-butt everytime I am online for over an hour at a time. There is plenty I could be doing (and want to get back to) besides being on my laptop:
hiking
taking photos
cleaning my room
yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment